Hi, my name is Hugo and I am a Ph.D. student at Carnegie Mellon University and University of Porto.
Here I jot down my notes about what I learned in my Ph.D., as well as some other topics I find important. I do this for a bunch of reasons:
- It helps consolidate my knowledge about these topics by forcing me to explain them.
- It improves my teaching skills, since I have to look at simple ways to explain things.
- It gives me a database that I can go back and remember what I need.
- It gives me the satisfaction of knowing that people are learning something from me.
- Lastly and hopefully, it will give me some financial support, since I suggest books at the end of each topic that you might be interested in, and in case you buy them I get a comission.
If you want to look at what I have written, go to the Table of Contents.
If you have any questions or comments for me, you can do them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Linear algebra
- Estimation Theory
- Signal processing
- Sources of noise
- MOSFET transistor
- Power management
- Low power techniques
- Mininum Energy Point
- Dynamic Voltage Scaling (DVS)
- Power Gating
- Fabrication process
- Parasitic capacitances and resistances
- Design rules
- Mismatch and Process Variations
- Mismatch reduction techniques
- How To